Glassics Online

Classic Fiberglass Boats


Post Reply
Forum Home > General Discussion > I Need Help Finding Old-Style Rub-Rail.

Posts: 9

I am finally getting around to restoring my 1959 Fiberglide runabout and one of the many things I need to do is replace the rub rail where the top half of the boat joins with the hull. These two parts join with a small flange like two “Ls” (see picture). The existing rub rail is old cracked and needs to be replaced after I repaint the topside.


Can anyone point me to a possible source of this style rub rail?

The old rail is a big half-circle with a slot for the flange to slip in. (again see picture)







"Scottish by birth, American by law,

Texan by the grace of God"

June 12, 2010 at 5:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Posts: 95

This looks very similar to the #1299 that Brain Lawson had made up for the Custom Crafts.


I'd see if you can get a sample though, as the #1299 is a little deeper than what you show in your picture.




Maybe the #1072?

June 13, 2010 at 9:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.