GO

Glassics Online

Classic Fiberglass Boats

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Winter Projects or "New Goodies"?

MarkS

Anybody have any projects going on this winter?  Santa bring you anything for your boat(s)?

--

Mark S

December 29, 2012 at 7:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

steve g

Mark,Santa brought me a airguide speedometer for Christmas.

My winter project is my CC nova ray,and just dropped off the trailer yesterday to get sandblasted.

Any projects this winter?

December 30, 2012 at 9:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MarkS

Hi Steve, just a few odds and ends on the GT150.  Santa did bring me a Bob's True Tracker for the Evinrude!  I'm doing a few "mods" to the mounting, may polish or paint to match the motor as well.  Hoping it helps with the handling (taming really) of the boat, she gets a little 'squirlly' on the top end!

Happy New Year buddy.

--

Mark S

January 1, 2013 at 8:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SPLIT

Always looking for Unique GLASSPAR models for East Tenn & NOrth Carolina region.

Nothing definate yet, BUT awaiting pics on a original package that is suppose to be

For Sale .?

January 2, 2013 at 1:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SPLIT

The post above did not pan out for a Red Sedan in Ala..I saw some member post thread He brought one back over Christmas to Calif. not sure if same pics. . Dont have a URL id for todays pic of the latest classic.. I was offered to take over a 78 Speedboat project of a industry exec in North Tenn. So we bought the hull & gal trl, NO motors at this time , He has 115 HP Merc 6 cyl towers...James Bond Glastron from that era. 16 ft closed deck. known as a CVX model . Center air scoop , known as Nostril nose style. Yellow gel on the bottom, & Gold MetalFlake on the upper.. Seller had a 10 lb bag of Flake to re-paint & mentioned it was $120 retail.. I had never done one of these before.. The underfloor & floor area was rebuild stronger with Non -wood material.. Mounted gas tank was removed from front deck area, to the rear splashwell under. Opened up for etching / cleaning & sump bottom 3 inch extension & longer Pick -Up rod for full gas feed.

February 12, 2013 at 5:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SPLIT

Test of the Photo Bucket link s.?? Does not look good . http://s1274.beta.photobucket.com/user/TnBoat/media/100_2575_zps9b681782.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1#/user/TnBoat/media/100_2575_zps9b681782.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1&_suid=136067550501507256547050625277

February 12, 2013 at 5:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

glassicsonline
Site Owner

Hey Larry,

Pretty sure you have to grab the "direct link" over on the right side:

February 22, 2013 at 3:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MarkS

Maybe too new to be considered a "Glassic" by some, but I came across a deal I couldn't pass up on this one.  Plenty of work needed, I'll be busy for a WHILE on this project, but should make a nice family cruiser when I'm finished?

--

Mark S

February 28, 2013 at 4:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.