Glassics Online

Classic Fiberglass Boats

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Somebody had hacked the site

pathfinderz1

got this in my email and find 5 messages from this person trying to contact me on here and don't she interested in boats or motors,

monicaaalove

Mike

December 15, 2011 at 9:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

pathfinderz1

anyway this is what is in the message  I got on here

reetings, My name is Monica, I saw your profile today and became interested in you, I would also like to know more, and I want to send an e-mail to my e-mail address so I can give you my picture for you to know whom i am is. here my e-mail address (monicaaellieon@yahoo.com) I believe that we can move from here! (Remember the distance or color does not matter the age, but love matters a lot in life) I will be happy to see a good responds from you Thanks and remain blessed. Yours sincerely in love with Monica,

Mike

December 15, 2011 at 9:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

steve g

She also found me interesting,must be something about a boat guy!

December 15, 2011 at 10:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

oldboater

Yup

I got the same thing!

--

Regards ,

Ed

December 15, 2011 at 10:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

glassicsonline
Site Owner

Spammer...not a hack, he/she joined like any other member and used the PM email system to email the members.

Also posted comments on people's profiles, looks like I'll be busy for a while deleting comments.

We could close down the site to new members and make them go through a personal approval process, but that would be time consuming and cumbersome.

This is just the price we pay for having an open site.

December 16, 2011 at 9:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

jbcurt00

glassicsonline at December 16, 2011 at 9:30 AM

Spammer...not a hack, he/she joined like any other member and used the PM email system to email the members.

Also posted comments on people's profiles, looks like I'll be busy for a while deleting comments.

We could close down the site to new members and make them go through a personal approval process, but that would be time consuming and cumbersome.

This is just the price we pay for having an open site.

Monica got a buddy, she PM & emailed me today & isn't remotely interested in glassics....:o  So it goes,,,,

--

December 21, 2011 at 11:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

glassicsonline
Site Owner

Great, looks like Monica has a friend who is also hot for boat guys.

Rebbecca is going to put our membership on hold for a while. We'll have to put automatic membership approval on hold for a while and accept new members manually. Sorry for the inconvenience to new members, but this is getting to be a pain and I'm sure you guys don't appreciate the emails.

We'll still be able to accept new members, it will just take a little while for them to get approved to send messages and participate on the forums.

Dave

December 22, 2011 at 10:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

glassicsonline
Site Owner

Well it looks like word gets around quickly, Johni, aka Thumper tried to join the site this morning. I know you guys will be disappointed, but I had to send her packing...lol...

I did have to add a custom email to the site in order to deal with these people without giving them my email. The new email for the site is info@glassicsonline.com . Feel free to use it if you need to contact me. There was a $20.00 charge to set up the email. I put up a "Donations" app in case anyone wants to help out with that and the general operation expenses. No obligation, but if you enjoy the site and want to help out, it's there for you.

Thanks,

Dave

December 23, 2011 at 1:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

1949 views - 0 comments
2321 views - 0 comments
1941 views - 0 comments

Upcoming Events

No upcoming events

Paypal Donation Button

Webs Counter