GO

Glassics Online

Classic Fiberglass Boats

Forums

Forum Home > Introductions > Rookie Classic Boat Owner

DanO

Hello Everyone,  My Name is Dan O' . I am a 56 year old semi retired Maintenance Mechanic .I live in the town of Sawanagunk, NY.   I joined the site because I just recently aquired My first "Real Boat" ,  I am just a Lifetime  Jon Boat Fisherman.  My "New"  Real Boat,  is a 1964 MFG Niagara Classic with a 1960 Johnson RDS22 40 HP Engine and a 1961 Gator Boat Trailer.  Honestly, I know absolutely NOTHING about this boat or Engine so i really Need a Lot of help to get going with this new project. I got this Boat For FREE from a Friend who moved to Arrizona and simply had no use for it. I will Post pics in the other proper forums, looking foward to meeting some new friends here and getting an education on these great classic MFG Boats.    Thanks,  DanO'

September 28, 2011 at 10:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SPLIT

CONGRATS, WELCOME. I was prior Hudson river Nw York for many years.. Is this near the Swanagunk Mountains of New Paltz..?? Yes there are many MFG owners

showing off their boats..

September 29, 2011 at 9:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

MarkS

Welcome, DanO'  It's never too late to get into the Glassics, glad to have you join us.  I've only been bitten by the bug for about four years, but the gang here is great about helping with sound advise.  Don't hesitate to ask questions.

--

Mark S

October 11, 2011 at 5:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.