GO

Glassics Online

Classic Fiberglass Boats

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > WHAT YEAR IS MY BOAT???

kim

HI CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME.. I JUST JOINED THIS SITE 2 DAYS AGO. HOPING I COULD FINA A BOAT OWNER WHO COULD HELP ME IDENTIFY THE YEAR OF MY BOAT. I GOT IT FOR FREE AND HAD TO RESTORE IT. ITS READY TO HIT THE WATER EXCEPT IT NEEDS A WINDSHIELD.. BY LOOKING AT PIC CAN ANYONE TELL ME THE YEAR OF THIS BOAT AND WHERE I CAN GET A WINDSHIELD FOR IT ?,, ANY HELP IS MUCH APPRECIATED.... I HAVE MORE PICS IF YOU WANT TO SEE THEM.. YOU CAN SEND ME A MESSAGE HERE OR [email protected] MY EMAIL.. THANK YOU ALL!!!

NEW BOAT OWNER

KIM

June 14, 2011 at 2:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kim

IF NO ONE KNOWS CAN YOU GIVE ME ANY SITES WHERE I MAY SEARCH..

June 14, 2011 at 2:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cc1000

I can't really tell by looking at the tiny pic in your avatar, can you post some larger pics in the Photo Gallery? Looks sort of like a G3 or some variant.

June 14, 2011 at 4:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SPLIT

KIM:  WELCOME,  Looks like a clean speedster. . Windshield not a necessity to zip the cove or ski , till you find a small one or cut down.. YES, The pinstripes on deck seem like 66- 72 GLASSPAR - CATALINA (Swimwear co-brand)  G-3 . Rear pic or dash would confirm.  Racing stripe look like a late 60's Mopar car item. ENJOY

June 16, 2011 at 9:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kim

cc1000 at June 14, 2011 at 4:14 PM

I can't really tell by looking at the tiny pic in your avatar, can you post some larger pics in the Photo Gallery? Looks sort of like a G3 or some variant.

Hi, and thanks for your feed back. I've posted 6 new pics under kims boat in the  photo gallery on this site if u play the slide show you can view them all or click on pic by pic... They are alot bigger and better pictures.. Thanks for your help and hope this helps you to help me with the year and where i can find a windshield or can i make one out of plexi glass... thanks for all your help you can give me.. would like to take it out on the water this summer

thank you so much

kim

June 16, 2011 at 10:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kim

SPLIT at June 16, 2011 at 9:21 AM

KIM:  WELCOME,  Looks like a clean speedster. . Windshield not a necessity to zip the cove or ski , till you find a small one or cut down.. YES, The pinstripes on deck seem like 66- 72 GLASSPAR - CATALINA (Swimwear co-brand)  G-3 . Rear pic or dash would confirm.  Racing stripe look like a late 60's Mopar car item. ENJOY

Hi, and thanks for your feed back. I've posted 6 new pics under kims boat in the photo gallery on this site if u play the slide show you can view them all or click on pic by pic... They are alot bigger and better pictures.. Thanks for your help and hope this helps you to help me with the year and where i can find a windshield or can i make one out of plexi glass... thanks for all your help you can give me.. would like to take it out on the water this summer. you can email me on here or feel free to email me at [email protected]

thank you so much

kim

June 16, 2011 at 10:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SPLIT

KIM: RARE PACKAGE, Slope rear sides, & now Glasspar badges, CATALINA G-3 last of version #2. Your H.I.N. indicates LARson after 72, the last two digits of 77 would suggest 1977, BUT thought 74 the last year.?? .. The 85HP Chrysler looks like a SHORT shaft mid-section , also rare. .Need to watch the COOLING, as water passages were narrow,& can clog.! Maybe a gauge or water pressure meter.?  Looks like new floor ,as this model had Open foam that soaked up water / weight. Again clean rig, small windscreen when locate or bend lexan.

June 17, 2011 at 8:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kim

SPLIT at June 17, 2011 at 8:32 AM

KIM: RARE PACKAGE, Slope rear sides, & now Glasspar badges, CATALINA G-3 last of version #2. Your H.I.N. indicates LARson after 72, the last two digits of 77 would suggest 1977, BUT thought 74 the last year.?? .. The 85HP Chrysler looks like a SHORT shaft mid-section , also rare. .Need to watch the COOLING, as water passages were narrow,& can clog.! Maybe a gauge or water pressure meter.?  Looks like new floor ,as this model had Open foam that soaked up water / weight. Again clean rig, small windscreen when locate or bend lexan.

thanks for your feeback... is there any site i can go to look  that tag up?  the tag was pop ribbited onto the back of the boat. Do you suggest that tag didnt go with the baot and it is a 74 or 72 year boat. Yes the foam was in there in bits and peices had it ripped the rest of the way out and put in the wood floor. There was a gas tank in the front of the boat. I also took that out of the front of the boat it was all rusted and put gas cans in back of boat. bend lexan??? where do i get that.... what can i use for weight for the front, sense i took gas can out and the foam out...???? thanks for all your input

kim

June 17, 2011 at 8:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SPLIT

K: Pre 1972 if the serial # was not recessed INTO the fiberglass material on the Outside..  Glasspar had a tag site for 59-66 codes.  67 -70 longer #'s not simple.  I have the GLEN-L site bending article I will send.  Try to find Aluminum gas tank for front, Keep one of spare tanks & or Battery up front for weight.  Power trim & tilt on that 85hp.??

June 17, 2011 at 9:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kim

SPLIT at June 17, 2011 at 9:17 PM

K: Pre 1972 if the serial # was not recessed INTO the fiberglass material on the Outside..  Glasspar had a tag site for 59-66 codes.  67 -70 longer #'s not simple.  I have the GLEN-L site bending article I will send.  Try to find Aluminum gas tank for front, Keep one of spare tanks & or Battery up front for weight.  Power trim & tilt on that 85hp.??

hi and thanks for all your help... and continuing to help me with this boat.. Do you know where i can get Aluminum gas tank for  the front... ..Yes it has power trim and tilt on the 85hp..

thanks.

kim

June 17, 2011 at 10:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.