GO

Glassics Online

Classic Fiberglass Boats

Forums

Forum Home > Restoration Projects > Taylor windshields

Anthony Dima

I have 2 MFG boats that im restoring, the windshields need to be replaced because they are cloudy..

is thier anyone who still makes these windshields or is there a way to bring back the old one to a clear look ?

April 23, 2011 at 7:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cc1000

Anthony Dima at April 23, 2011 at 7:54 AM

I have 2 MFG boats that im restoring, the windshields need to be replaced because they are cloudy..

is thier anyone who still makes these windshields or is there a way to bring back the old one to a clear look ?

It' funny you should mention this because I also run a local group website called Nickle City Classics and I have a message post up there where I have these listed for sale.

Here is the Taylormade Windshields for sale post on Nickle City Classics...

April 25, 2011 at 4:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mantis

Hey all,...cc100,

Im new and have a 1965 Duo...which needs a windsheild...Boat is at the shop right now and dont have the measure ments. She has a 1956 johnson 30 hp on her. and compression all good. Got her for 50$. She needs some minor work done as far as i can tell. Hard to find good pics of the x-15 model...

--
April 26, 2011 at 4:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

oldboater

While we are discussing windshields,  I need to locate some  "T" bolts.  These were used to fasten my windshield  frame to the deck., and then nutted from the underside. They kinda look like toilet bolts. Any ideas!!

--

Regards ,

Ed

April 26, 2011 at 9:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cc1000

I did a google search, it appears they are hard to find, (but you probably already know that :) ).

They pop up occasionally on EBay, but it looks like most make their own by trimming the head of a carriage bolt or even the toilet bolts you mentioned.

Windshields can be restored with a combination of alot of elbow grease, (polishing) and a product called Plastix.

If you still want new ones, drop me a line and I'll tell you what I have.

April 29, 2011 at 8:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Luke

cc1000 at April 25, 2011 at 4:10 PM

Anthony Dima at April 23, 2011 at 7:54 AM

It' funny you should mention this because I also run a local group website called Nickle City Classics and I have a message post up there where I have these listed for sale.

Here is the Taylormade Windshields for sale post on Nickle City Classics...

A guy named Dave in Rochester NY will reproduce your windshield from your old one.  Call him at 585-414-6553

May 15, 2011 at 5:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.