GO

Glassics Online

Classic Fiberglass Boats

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Got a new one, '65 Sabre Craft 16' w/289

Chris Roberts

Hi guys, first let me say thanks for the invite and hope the site takes off.

I hear there is alot CC people, well I bought this boat so I would stop tring to rush my ongoing Sun Ray project and the simple fact it's 16 foot with a V8. Hopefully I will get it on the water Sat., it's suppose to be in the low 60's here in NE Ohio.

Here's some pictures let me know what ya think and if there is anyone else with one or had one. Also does any one know the make of the trailer? It has coils like a Tee-Nee and it seems to be well made, tows like a dream.

1965 Saber Craft 16'4" - 1965 Eaton Marine 289ci 165 hp at 4200 rpm - Eaton Interceptor Marine Drive series 16

--

1962 Custom Craft Sun Ray

80hp I/O

November 12, 2009 at 9:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cc1000

So how was the maiden voyage?

Sure is a Sweet ride.

That Eaton drive is another oldie but goodie. :)

--

Dave

November 17, 2009 at 11:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Steve

Chris Roberts at November 12, 2009 at 9:02 PM

Hi guys, first let me say thanks for the invite and hope the site takes off.

I hear there is alot CC people, well I bought this boat so I would stop tring to rush my ongoing Sun Ray project and the simple fact it's 16 foot with a V8. Hopefully I will get it on the water Sat., it's suppose to be in the low 60's here in NE Ohio.

Here's some pictures let me know what ya think and if there is anyone else with one or had one. Also does any one know the make of the trailer? It has coils like a Tee-Nee and it seems to be well made, tows like a dream.

1965 Saber Craft 16'4" - 1965 Eaton Marine 289ci 165 hp at 4200 rpm - Eaton Interceptor Marine Drive series 16

Chris,

I wondering if you could assist me with identifying my Eaton Sterndrive.  I have a '64 Dorsett.  I think that it may be a series 14 or series 16 unit but not sure.  i wound up wasting about 30 bucks on a manual for the Powernaut and turns out it was quite a bit different from the one i have.   do you have a photo of your Series 16 that you may share with me so i can confirm or rule out the series 16?  thanks for any info you can provide.

steve

October 19, 2010 at 4:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.