GO

Glassics Online

Classic Fiberglass Boats

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Graphics anyone?

VideoBob

Here's some quicky temporary graphics for the site header.  They aren't perfect and if you don't like them at all that's understandable.  But,  commenting about them might get a discussion going on how to evolve the site.

November 11, 2009 at 9:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Richard

Don't see any graphics or link to them.

November 11, 2009 at 9:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

andgott

Nice- Certainly an improvement from where it is now- It's far too generic.

-Andrew

--

-My Website-

http://www.agott.com

November 11, 2009 at 10:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

nj ron

i had suggested to dave that pics of our members in there boats would be nice for the home page. sort of like that at the classicboathouse.  ron

November 11, 2009 at 1:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cc1000

Maybe we can incorporate the new logo into a montage of some of the member's boats.

Anyone have any woodies that they want featured?

Anyone who wants a picture can upload a large file to their Photo Album and send me the link, or email the pic to me.

[email protected]

--

Dave

November 11, 2009 at 7:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

VideoBob

Nice logo.  I like all the comments.  Combining member boats is a great idea.  I used to do house portraits of historic houses for my hometown weekly paper.  To the left of the masthead each week was the portrait of a different house.   I suggest the photos should be rotated so as not to make anyone feel left out. 

The logo looks a little like the Commando U2 boat emblem and very Trekie.  Works for me.  I will definitely buy the T-Shirt and tap the logo when I need Scottie to beam me up.

November 12, 2009 at 12:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cc1000

I like the idea of rotating the boat pics in the header, maybe even set it up on a per click basis, so each time the page is accessed a new picture would show up.

The comments are great, keep 'em coming.

November 12, 2009 at 12:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

VideoBob

Probably a simple animated gif made from the jpegs people send would be the easiest and have the least damage to your page load.  Second choice would be a flash animation slide show.  I don't know how to create a refresh/next image command sub-routine.   HTML might as well be Klingon to me.  Back tommorrow.  Bob

November 12, 2009 at 12:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

nj ron

cc1000 at 12:29PM on Nov 12, 2009

I like the idea of rotating the boat pics in the header, maybe even set it up on a per click basis, so each time the page is accessed a new picture would show up.

The comments are great, keep 'em coming.

i'm all for that.   ron

November 12, 2009 at 3:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cc1000

I like the boat in this header image:

Bob tells me that this is an old Glastron promotional image with the Miss America finalist from that year in the boat. I like the boat and the image. Andrew has volunteered to work on something with this image and some others.

Stay tuned, I can't wait to see what he comes up with...

December 15, 2010 at 12:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MarkS

cc1000 at December 15, 2010 at 12:09 PM

I like the boat in this header image:

Bob tells me that this is an old Glastron promotional image with the Miss America finalist from that year in the boat. I like the boat and the image. Andrew has volunteered to work on something with this image and some others.

Stay tuned, I can't wait to see what he comes up with...

I Like it!  The top one seems a little too "busy" for my taste.  The bottom one is ok, but a fall picture.  I'm focused on SPRING!  LOL

--

Mark S

December 16, 2010 at 5:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

nj ron

i like the middle one also if we can't have our own revolving classics.  ron

December 16, 2010 at 8:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cc1000

nj ron at December 16, 2010 at 8:16 PM

i like the middle one also if we can't have our own revolving classics.  ron

We can have both as soon as I figure out how to put the slide show up on the front page.

Shouldn't be too hard.

In the meantime, upload your boat pics here to be included in the slide show:

http://www.glassicsonline.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=10602239

Andrew is working on some new artwork with some copyright free images that Bob is sending me.

Thought maybe we would try to include the Glastron in the new header as well.

December 17, 2010 at 1:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cc1000

The slide show has been added to the main page. Kinda cool.

I would suggest that if anyone else wants their pictures added, that you either post here or send a message through my profile. (just click on my picture).

December 21, 2010 at 12:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MarkS

Looks good Dave, nice job!  (I'm so proud!  LOL)

--

Mark S

December 21, 2010 at 7:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

nj ron

i see nuthin but the original page.  ron

December 22, 2010 at 12:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cc1000

Ron, you gotta try to install flash. When I viewed it with FireFox, it told me I had to install the flash plug in. You may have to uninstall your existing copy, then find the Vista version on Adobe's website.

Good luck.

Got any teenagers in the neighborhood? They should be able to hook you up no problem..lol..

December 22, 2010 at 3:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

nj ron

cc1000 at December 22, 2010 at 3:12 PM

Ron, you gotta try to install flash. When I viewed it with FireFox, it told me I had to install the flash plug in. You may have to uninstall your existing copy, then find the Vista version on Adobe's website.

Good luck.

Got any teenagers in the neighborhood? They should be able to hook you up no problem..lol..

yeah...thats what i need......

December 22, 2010 at 6:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pat Harris
Administrator

like the artwork... and the idea of using members boats and rotating them... maybe each pic could look like an individual 60's style postcard... ever-changing

December 30, 2010 at 3:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cc1000

Pat Harris at December 30, 2010 at 3:16 AM

like the artwork... and the idea of using members boats and rotating them... maybe each pic could look like an individual 60's style postcard... ever-changing

I like that idea too.

One problem with too many pictures in the slide show is slow page load speeds, so we have to limit it somewhat. Anyone that wants to put their pics in the "Member's Boats" in the Photo Gallery, I will rotate them manually every so often.

December 30, 2010 at 1:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.