GO

Glassics Online

Classic Fiberglass Boats

Forums

Forum Home > Introductions > cc1000

cc1000

Hi All,

My name's Dave, I live just outside sunny Buffalo, NY

Got the itch about 17 years ago when I came across a Custom Craft Sun Ray sitting in a field. Yes, it was full of weeds. I paid more for the trailer than the boat, but I could see the potential, and those head lights staring back at me just called to me.

Fast forward a few years to when I got a computer, and found FiberGlassics on the web. Gave me great promise that someday I would get this project on the water. Well I also found out that it would take alot more work than I had anticipated.

Fast forward a few more years, Got a Sting Ray, that I also found in the weeds. Fixed it up, and had my first completed project. You can read more on my blog, which is also linked throught my Local Classic Boating Website.

Fast forward a few more years, and here we are. Got a new website going. Let's see where it takes us. :)

--

Dave

November 8, 2009 at 11:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

The SavageII

Just signed up for your nice site. I will enjoy reading it very much.

Thanks,

J. Savage

November 10, 2009 at 3:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

oldboatsrule

Hello

I'm Jerry from Southern California. Thats my 1960 Owens in my avatar. I am a current socal coordinator and member  of the California based Golden State Glassics.www.goldenstateglassics.com 

My Late brother Jeff got me into the 50's & 60's boats some 30+ years ago, when he pointed out nobody else seemed to want them and they were inexpensive. From that point on there has been a vintage boat in my life.  

Looking forward to the growth here

Jerry

November 10, 2009 at 10:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.