GO

Glassics Online

Classic Fiberglass Boats

Forums

Forum Home > Restoration Projects > Custom Craft String Ray

cc1000

I'll start out here.

This is my 1962 String Ray. It was a free boat that I restored over the course of a couple of years. This was kind of a learning project for me. It was my first restoration, and there are some things I would do differently. Overall, I like how it came out though. I may even enter it for judging, although that was never the intent when  started this project. Getting seats done for the back, one of the last things it needs other than some touch up paint which it will always need as I use it quite often. Here are some pics:

--

Dave

November 7, 2009 at 2:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Frank Alguire

Here's my project website, hosted and produced by Danny Leger, son of Ray Leger, who designed and built Power Cat boats.  It's a 1962 Power Cat 14T, deluxe model (to be deluxe, ithad a windshield, steering wheel and the deck glassed to the hull) that I have customized some with a taller transom, smoothed deck, and a few other minor things.  It is not being built for judging, and is the first deck off restoration I've even tried.  Not done yet mostly because of health problems, but maybe 2010.  Motor is a '63 Merc1000 that runs on a hose, don't know about the water yet.

http://www.powercatboat.com/Group/FA_14t/FA_14t01.html

Frank

November 8, 2009 at 11:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.